Enriching the Lives of Aging Adults
We understand that there is no place like home. That is why we focus on keeping seniors safe and help to maintain their independence at home. Home is the foundation of our lives where we feel safe and warm, surrounded by a lifetime of memories. Home provides a personal sanctuary of comfort and familiarity where we can truly be ourselves. No one wants to be asked to leave the place they love most. At Harmony, we are here to help you and your loved one decide what care plan will work best.
Contact Us Today.
Family Living Room
Our Unique Services
Home Care represents one of the most cost-effective options for seniors care. We provide complimentary consultation and annual and post-hospitalization assessments. Call a Care Counselor today to discuss payment alternatives.
Alzheimer’s and Dementia
Caring for a person suffering from dementia can be challenging, and with Harmony you don’t have to do it alone.
We will help you develop a customized plan to meet the needs of you and your loved one. As the dementia progresses, we will always keep you informed and be there with you every step of the way by adapting routines and care plans. Our caregivers will help to:
- Monitor daily activities
- Provide daily observations of changes in behavior
- Create enjoyable and meaningful activities
- Plan and prepare nutritious meals
- Help with dressing and grooming routines (reminders)
- Provide companionship
We will assist individuals living with arthritis with tasks of daily living while allowing them to maintain their independence. These activities may include:
- Swimming, walking, or other moderate, low-impact physical activities as recommended by the Arthritis Foundation® to minimize the symptoms of arthritis.
- Socializing, pursuing hobbies or engaging in other pleasurable activities to lift one’s spirits and draw focus away from the pain.
- Assistance with household chores, errands and tasks of daily living.
- Preparation of well-balanced meals.
- Medication reminders.
- Transportation needs.
This assistance will not only help lessen the direct symptoms of arthritis, but it will allow your loved one to reduce other factors that worsen the pain, such as stress, over-exertion, fatigue and anxiety.
- Offer companionship and conversation
- Participate in crafts
- Play games and cards
- Aid with reading
- Stimulate mental awareness
- Record family history and maintain a scrapbook
- Watch movies
- Plan visits, outings and trips
- Visit neighbors and friends
- Arrange and provide reminders for appointments
- Provide medication reminders
- Help with clothing selection
- Assist with walking
- Mail bills and letters
- Supervise home maintenance
- Oversee home deliveries
- Answer the door
Home Helper Services
- Assist with household tasks
- Take out garbage
- Make beds and change linens
- Organize and clean closets
- Shop for groceries and supplies
- Prepare and clean up after future meals
- Help with errands
- Drop off and pick up dry cleaning
- Pick up prescriptions
- Assist with pet care
- Escort to appointments, events and shopping
- Accompany to lunch or dinner
- Escort to religious services
- Attend club meetings and sporting events
- Aid with airport tasks
Personal Assistance Services
- Cognitive impairment
- Medication reminders
Post-Discharge Care and Short Term Recovery Services
Even if you are planning on being there for your loved one when he or she returns home, you may appreciate some assistance with of their recovery plan. Examples may include:
- Discharge coordination and execution
- Medication management
- Follow-up physician visit assistance
- Warning sign monitoring and notification
- Record keeping
Returning home from the hospital can be a wonderful time for your loved one. Seeking help from Harmony caregivers can mean less stress for you and an easier transition to full recovery for your loved one.
Whether you need an afternoon, a weekend, or a vacation, we can tailor a plan to provide you the break you desperately need.
We are happy to arrange care for just a few hours, overnight or 24-hour care while you’re away.